The Blackwell Bra
Developed by breast/thoracic surgeon Dr. Lea Blackwell, the Blackwell Bra is a post-surgical compression bra that provides optimal support for post-op recovery.
Your comfort is crucial to your healing. The Blackwell Bra was developed with patients’ needs in mind. You deserve better than a post-surgical bra that’s itchy, hard to adjust, or that rubs against your incisions. You deserve to feel supported and have a bra that’s so comfortable, you’ll forget you’re wearing.
Features of the Blackwell Bra
This patented bra:
- is made of comfortable wick-away nylon and spandex compression fabric from Italy.
- has snag-free clasps instead of Velcro, which provide adjustability in the front and are easier to close.
- has mesh pockets to accommodate the drain bulbs, or if no drains, ice packs.
- has mesh panel in the back of the bra for ventilation.
- is engineered to minimize interference with the incisions.
- is made in the USA.
The Blackwell Drain Apron is an accessory garment that helps hold your post-surgery drains.
The Blackwell Bra is primarily designed for post-mastectomy patients. If you’ve had heart or chest surgery, you’ll prefer the advanced compression technology in the Blackwell Thoracic Compression Bra.